[Equest-users] Zone Exhaust and Unmet Hours

Walson, Kristy kristy.walson at tlc-eng.com
Mon Jan 3 07:35:14 PST 2011

Hello fellow EQuesters,

I have an energy model that I have 100% CD information for, so I went ahead and put exhaust in each applicable zone per the design documents.  However, now I am getting irresolvable unmet hours in these zones (it seems as if the exhaust input tells the program to bring in unconditioned outside air to meet the demands).  I was excited that I could specify exhaust in Equest, because previous programs I've used have not easily allowed this, but it looks like it causes other problems.

Can anyone suggest a good way to account for the exhaust fan energy without affecting unmet hours?  Thanks for the help!

Kristy M. Walson, PE, LEED AP
Mechanical Engineer / Sustainable Design

TLC Engineering for Architecture
Your 2030 Challenge Partner