[Equest-users] eQuest - Campus Steam

Jim Paulino jim.paulino at hesm.com
Wed Mar 14 07:25:06 PDT 2012

I've inherited an energy model that was done over 3 years ago by someone no longer at our firm.
I'm an eQuest novice and have a question about a system that uses campus steam for heating.
The original model was set up with two gas fired boilers. (I see this in the Component Tree tab in the Water-Side HVAC section)
How do I tell eQuest that the heating is from a campus/purchased steam system so that it complies with ASHRAE 90.1-2004 item G3.1.1.1, Purchased Heat which requires the campus utility rate to be used?

Jim Paulino, P.E., CxA, LEED ™ AP

Mechanical Engineer

jim.paulino at hesm.com

HESM&A, Inc.