[Equest-users] Power induction unit/ reheat delta T

Bruce Easterbrook bruce5 at bellnet.ca
Tue Sep 11 14:40:58 PDT 2012

A single system can be a lot of problem.  There is just so much
variation between the zones most times and there are not enough
T-stats.  I don't know the number of zones and the space size but if you
are down to the 100 hour unmet range I think you are as close as you are
going to get it.  One other thing to look at is the timing of the unmet
hours.  Many times I have found, more so with higher mass buildings is a
one hour warm up is not enough and you will get a lot of unmet hours
right at the start of the day.  Sometimes bringing the AHU off night set
back 2 hours before is enough to get rid of these shoulder hours.  There
can be a big difference in the heat and cooling capacity required from
maintaining a set point verses trying to recover the space from a 4
degree set back.  Equipment these days is sized closer to the line and
it takes a little more time for the system to get the space under control.
Bruce Easterbrook P.Eng.
Abode Engineering