[Equest-users] ERV on OA-From-System Comments from Jeff Hirsch

Paul Diglio paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 3 15:16:39 PDT 2013

Just wanted to share an e-mail from Jeff.  I did not know that an ERV on a
OA-From system was not supported by eQuest.  That explains why I could never get
the correct airflows on this type of design.

Unfortunately almost every project I work on does specify a VAV DOAS with an ERV
to supply ventilation air to some type of HVAC system, such as VRF indoor coils,
chilled beams or PTHP units.  I will have to try the work around Jeff suggested.

 Paul Diglio, CEM, CBCP

87 Fairmont Avenue
New Haven, CT  06513
203-415-0082