[Equest-users] Correct schedule for Outside lights with Photocell

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 22:12:28 PDT 2014

Hi all:

I asked this question before, but did not receive an answer. I am hopeful some can help.

I am setting up an outside light schedule per ASHRAE 90.1 for LEED. It requires that a time clock or a photocell be controlling the outdoor lighting.

Lighting  schedules (Annual, WEEK, and DAY) are required to be ON/OFF to allow the FORCE-OFF configuration for photocell usage.

HOWEVER, to place these lights in EXTERIOR DIRECT LOADS on the electric meter,  THAT input only accepts a FRACTION type of schedule.

How do I "shoehorn" the outside lights into the model with the photocell operation?

Thanks in advance.

John R. Aulbach, PE