[TRNSYS-users] Error with TRNOPT

Ben Heymer BHeymer at ecw.org
Tue Jul 2 07:03:17 PDT 2013

Azly,

Have you checked to make sure that all external files referenced in the simulation studio (such as weather files or performance data) have the full file path information?

For example:
C:\Trnsys17\Weather\US-TMY2\US-IL-Chicago-94846.tm2

rather than
US-IL-Chicago-94846.tm2

TRNExe will work with relative file paths but TRNOPT does not. This is a rather non-intuitive requirement that is easy to miss.

Ben Heymer, PE
Energy Engineer | Energy Center of Wisconsin | Madison.Chicago.Minneapolis
608.210.7168 Mobile: 312.315.4783 | www.ecw.org<http://www.ecw.org/>