[TRNSYS-users] Problem of Type 917 and water temperature simulation

Jing Hong hongjing.shirley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 11:36:11 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I am modeling a building using water to air heat pump. I am using type 917
and I have several questions:
1. When I use buried horizontal pipes and ground Vertical U-tube in GHP
library, how could I simulate the ground variables? Like the local water
flow temperature, soil temperature. etc. TMY2 doesn't provide with such
data.
2. Could buried horizontal pipes and vertical U tube be used together? Just
simply connect their inlet and outlet flow rates will be correct?
3.If I connect vertical U tube with horizontal pipes, should I have
different size horizontal piples to cater the flowrate accumulation of the
U tube in series? For example, the horizontal pipe with one U-tube is 1/4
and the pipe with two U-tube will be 1/2 . But if I put some many type 952,
I guess my model will be messed up. Is there any solution for that?
4. What's the major difference between type 917 and 919  ?

Any idea of the problems?

Thank you very much in advance.

Jing Hong