[BLDG-SIM] Experience with DOE-2 User Interfaces

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Tue Apr 20 14:06:03 PDT 1999

Six people responded to my question shown below about user
interfaces for DOE-2.   For DOE-2 all suggested either
VisualDOE or PowerDOE.  VisualDOE's strengths are easier to
use, easier to learn and doesn't crash as often but it is
limited to only a subset of features found in DOE-2.1E.
PowerDOE's strengths are it use of the newest version of
DOE-2, its building visualization and its complete coverage
of all features in DOE-2.2 but it may not be officially
available yet and like any new software has more bugs.

My decision is (the envelope please) ...

The input was valuable but I think I will look at both
demo's again  (see www.eley.com and www.doe2.com) and see
what I like better.

Jason