[BLDG-SIM] Experience with DOE-2 User Interfaces

James J. Hirsch JJHirsch at ez2.net
Thu Apr 8 15:22:16 PDT 1999

User Interfaces, like wine, are subject to personal taste.

Access to all DOE-2 features adds problems.  Of the
one that exist (DOE-Plus, EX-DOE, Visual-DOE, PowerDOE,
and eQUEST) all, like any large software application, have their
problems and/or limitations.  Also, different users applying
the same application to different projects will experience these
problems and/or limitations in varying ways.

Bottom line, try several.

To try PowerDOE anyone can obtain 90 evaluation license for
complete product at no cost (download is free, CD has price.)

Go to http://DOE2.com and follow the links under PowerDOE to the 90 day
evaluation licensing (or you can go directly there with the following link
http://www.DOE2.com/PDLicInf.html )  For a no-expiration license
follow the link http://www.DOE2.com/PDStatus.html and download the
appropriate license and send with correct fee.

Note that neither DOE-2.2 nor PowerDOE support metric input/output,
functions, or parametric-input command yet.  DOE-2.2 will have these
soon, PowerDOE will not have these until late this year (version 2).