[BLDG-SIM] Hospital End-Use Disaggregation

Jim Kelsey kelsey at kw-energy.com
Thu Mar 11 08:17:01 PST 1999

Bill,

I happened to have your info handy. PG&E has done a study every two
years to find
average annual end-use intensities on a square footage basis. The most
recent copy
is the 1997 Commercial Building Survey Report. I can send you a PDF copy
if you
would like it (~900kB).

Here is their breakdown for Hospitals (annual kWh per square foot):

Cooling 4.99
Heating 44.73
Vent 10.49
Refrig 0.89
DHW 1.07
Cooking 1.30
Lighting (interior) 7.14
Other 2.71

Hope this helps.

- Jim

--
Jim Kelsey
KW Energy Engineering

BKoran at aol.com wrote:

> I'm looking for some rules-of thumb for energy use by end-use for
hospitals.
> I'm particularly interested in the electricity use for lighting at the
present
> time.  Percentages of the total electricity use would be fine.
>
> I'm seeking this information just to use for reasonableness checks.  I
have a
> copy of a completed lighting audit that has numbers I don't think are
> reasonable.  The hospital whose use I'm investigating is located in
San