[BLDG-SIM] Hospital End-Use Disaggregation

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Thu Mar 11 06:59:21 PST 1999

Bill,

Lighting can be all over for existing buildings since so
many improvements have been made in the last ten years.
One point of reference is the latest draft of ASHRAE
Standard 90.1 that allows 1.6 W/sqft overall for the entire
hospital building and specific spaces being 1.0 W/sqft in
the nursery, 1.2 in the patient rooms, 2.8 in the emergency
room and 7.6 in the operating room.  Altogether they have
over twenty different spaces identified for a hospital.
These are supposed to represent efficient lighting options
that are cost effective - I believe it is appropriate to
consider them less than the state of the art.

Jason