[BLDG-SIM] Underfloor heating (electric/hot water)

Jose Hernandez jhernand at dmu.ac.uk
Sun Oct 31 09:11:02 PST 1999

I am interested in simulation of heating systems and particularly in
underfloor heating
systems.
Do you think that hydronic is better than electric undefloor heating?
 I suppose that the problem with the latter can be the lack of an
appropriate control
or do you consider that the problem is the heat source itself?
My interests will be focused on the heat storage (at off-peak hours) and
heat release and distribution in heavy weight construction making use of
underfloor (electric if possible) heat. Would you give any chance to ceiling
heating considering the low height of rooms in dwellings? And do you know
any system (hot water/electric) to be placed withing walls?
Please, if you know where I can find more info (books, brochures, companies,
web sites,...) about this or other related issues, let me know.

***********
Jose Hernandez de Pedro
jhernand at dmu.ac.uk

Tel.  +44 (0)116 255 1551 ext. 8711
Fax: +44 (0) 116 257 7981

Research Student
Institute of Energy & Sustainable Development,
De Montfort University,
Netherleys Building, Scraptoft Campus,
Scraptoft, Leicester. LE7 9SU.
UK.