[BLDG-SIM] New York State Energy Code compliance

Bob Ramirez bob at rer.com
Thu Dec 7 08:52:08 PST 2000

Good morning

I have a general question about energy code compliance of lighting systems
for New York State, and I'm hoping someone can enlighten me.

Can anyone tell me what person would be responsible for seeing that lighting
systems installed in commercial/industrial buildings meet the State's energy
code?  Out here in California, this would typically be done by the HVAC
contractor or an energy code (Title 24) compliance consultant.  In New York
State, would this function typically be performed by an architect, a
lighting designer, the electrical contractor, the HVAC contractor, a
specialized compliance consultant, or some other person?

Any light you can shed on this issue will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Bob Ramírez (bobram at rer.com or bob at rer.com)
Senior Engineer, P.E.

Regional Economic Research, Inc.             http://www.rer.com
11236 El Camino Real, San Diego, CA 92130
Phone: 858.481.0081 ext. 427
FAX: 858.481.7550