[BLDG-SIM] Anyone know of a good source for weather bin files?

Bob Ramirez bob at rer.com
Thu Jan 13 16:12:46 PST 2000

and I don't mean BIN as in a DOE-2 binary (*.bin) file, I mean the
old-fashioned temperature-bin type weather data.

Hello All

A friend of mine is looking for a ready source of such data.  He knows he
could create his own from any 8760 type weather data and a bit of
programming, but was just wondering if there might be some bin weather data
already out there somewhere for sale.  ASHRAE has some, but it's rather
dated and he's looking for something that uses more recent weather data
(like TMY2?).

Any ideas/leads would be appreciated.  Thanks for your help!

Bob Ramirez

Bob Ramírez (bobram at rer.com or bob at rer.com)
Senior Engineer, P.E.

Regional Economic Research, Inc.             http://www.rer.com
11236 El Camino Real, San Diego, CA 92130
Phone: 858.481.0081 ext. 427
FAX: 858.481.7550