[Bldg-sim] TRNSYS/EnergyPlus questions

b.walker.smith at velux.com b.walker.smith at velux.com
Wed Jun 26 02:58:53 PDT 2002

Hello,

I would very much appreciate your thoughts on a few questions I have
relating to building simulation programs. Specifically:

1. Are there any commercial EnergyPlus interfaces now available? The
EnergyPlus website suggests that several are being developed for release as
early as mid-2002 (i.e., now), but I have been unable to find any
information about them.
2. Are there any building simulation programs/add-ons that incorporate
daylighting analysis? Alternately, is there any compatability between
programs like EnergyPlus/TRNSYS and Radiance?
3. For whole-building (energy) analysis of window systems, are TRNSYS and
EnergyPlus best used separately or in combination? I´d be interested in
your experience with these programs, particularly as they relate to
modeling applications focused on window systems.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely / Med venlig hilsen / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Bryant Walker Smith
VELUX A/S W-Product Quality (W-PQ) (M4)

Maskinvej 4, DK-2860 Søborg

Telephone Direct:      +45 39 57 06 27