[Bldg-sim] DOE2.1E problem

Bart Callens Bart.callens3 at pandora.be
Fri May 10 09:59:00 PDT 2002

hi,

I'm using DOE2.1E for making a comparison of a dynamic simulation and a static calculation by the VDI-2078. I have a question concerning the DOE2.1E-program.

Has anyone already remarked the difference between the values of an hourly simulation and a total value (for the entire building) for the conduction through window and frame? Has anyone an explanation for that phenomena. In the manual, they say that there is no algorithm for an hourly simulation of the conduction through window and frame. Is that the reason, or is there another one?

Yours sincerely,

Bart Callens