[BLDG-SIM] Are there publicly available schedules for ASHRAE 90.1 calculations ?

Joe Huang YJHuang at lbl.gov
Wed Dec 10 18:31:04 PST 2003

BLDG-SIM denizens,

I have a fairly complete DOE-2 model for a soon-to-be completed US-China demonstration energy-efficient office building in Beijing that I've used since 2000 to track the evolution of the design and evaluate proposed energy-efficiency improvements.  What I need to do now is to do an ASHRAE 90.1 simulation to document how much the demo building exceeds ASHRAE 90.1 for LEED certification. I first thought of keyboarding in the occupancy, internal loads, lighting and equipment loads, etc. from the ASHRAE standards, but then thought that someone must have done that already. Furthermore, I was worried about getting some of the input parameters wrong.   Does anyone know of any ready-to-use DOE-2 input fragments for ASHRAE 90.1 calculations that are publicly available ?

Joe Huang

Following is a picture of the building, which is slated to be completed in mid-January 2004.

For more details of the project, please see
http://www.oit.doe.gov/international/st1_eebd.shtml  (DOE description of project circa 2000)
 http://aesl.hanyang.ac.kr/resource/lbl-report/46302.pdf (technical paper from 2000 ACEEE, don't know it ended up at a Korean web site !)