[BLDG-SIM] Semantic question

Wilde, Pieter de P.deWilde at bouw.tno.nl
Wed Dec 10 00:10:00 PST 2003

Dear list members, 

I have had a small discussion with fellow list member Chip Barnaby on the word 'hygric'. Translating from my native language, Dutch, hygric would be the correct word to indicate anything 'pertaining to moisture'. However, hygric does not appear in the ASHRAE terminology book, handbook of fundamentals, etc. 

So.... can anyone tell me whether this a difference between UK and US English, or....? Should one use the term, or is it unknown in a large part of the world? Any suggestions on synonyms? 

Best regards,

Pieter de Wilde

TNO Building and Construction Research
PO Box 49, 2600AA Delft, the Netherlands
phone: ++31-15-2763520
fax: ++31-2763022

You received this e-mail because you are subscribed 
to the BLDG-SIM at GARD.COM mailing list.  To unsubscribe 
from this mailing list send a blank message to 

More information about the Bldg-sim mailing list