[BLDG-SIM] Semantic question

Edward F. Sowell sowell at fullerton.edu
Wed Dec 10 08:30:15 PST 2003


A search at www.onelook.com finds it in three English dictionaries,
including "Forthrights Phrontistery - Dictionary of Obscure Words."

Ed Sowell
> Dear list members, 
> I have had a small discussion with fellow list member Chip 
> Barnaby on the word 'hygric'. Translating from my native 
> language, Dutch, hygric would be the correct word to indicate 
> anything 'pertaining to moisture'. However, hygric does not 
> appear in the ASHRAE terminology book, handbook of fundamentals, etc. 
> So.... can anyone tell me whether this a difference between UK 
> and US English, or....? Should one use the term, or is it unknown 
> in a large part of the world? Any suggestions on synonyms? 
> Best regards,
> Pieter de Wilde

You received this e-mail because you are subscribed 
to the BLDG-SIM at GARD.COM mailing list.  To unsubscribe 
from this mailing list send a blank message to 

More information about the Bldg-sim mailing list