[bldg-sim] Pump location

K Emerson kemerson2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 05:23:36 PST 2003

Varkie,

I certainly agree with what Eric states.  Plate-frame
heat exchangers are probably not the best choice for
high pressure applications.  In addition, look out for
pressure drop if you are trying to stuff a lot of
water through a few plates.

Pump location really doesn't matter except that you
have to watch out for what is called "net positive
suction head" or "NPSH".  Basically, if you put the
pump suction in a low pressure situation
(intentionally or unintentionally) you can tear up the
pump with cavitation.

Keith Emerson

--- "Kirchhoff, Eric" <EKirchhoff at semprasolutions.com>