[BLDG-SIM] getting the whole design team ..., 3D Modeling + Energy Analysis

Marcus Sheffer sheffer at paonline.com
Mon Feb 24 10:02:34 PST 2003

Another good venue for this discussion/seminar would be the US Green
Building Council Conference - GreenBuild in Pittsburgh this November.  Will
be a great mix of the players - architects, engineers, contractors, owners,
etc.  If anyone is interested I can put you in touch with the organizers.

At 08:23 AM 02/24/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I've found this discussion of 3D Modeling + Energy Analysis, or getting
>the whole design team into the performance assessment game, most
>fascinating. I would like to propose a seminar, or series of seminars
>and symposiums (documented case studies) on the topic, or various topics
>presented in the preceding chain.
>I know this isn't necessarily original but to see it discussed on this
>particular forum adds, I think, a new dimension. I'm pleasantly
>surprised at the number of responses from architects who, by their
>presence on BLDG-SIM@ Gard.com obviously pay attention to modeling and
>building simulation.
>They could start within a group such as ASHRAE, but would need to branch
>out to AIA and other associations. Ideally, we could produce something
>to present at local venues, to the local design, owner, operator
>community.
>There is time to probably get a seminar at the ASHRAE Winter meeting in
>Anaheim, Jan 04. I can think of at least two ASHRAE Technical Committees
>that would be interested.
>Anyone interested? Other venues?

Marcus B. Sheffer                          energy & environmental consulting
Energy Opportunities                     717-292-2636
1200 E Camping Area Road            Fax: 717-292-0585
Wellsville, PA USA 17365-9783        sheffer at sevengroup.com
a Seven Group member company    www.sevengroup.com