[bldg-sim] Software tools for the modelling of underfloor heating and cooling

Olsen, Erik eolsen at owpp.com
Fri Jan 17 06:04:18 PST 2003

Christian,

You should be able to use EnergyPlus to accomplish this.  You need to use
the Low Temp Radiant System:Hydronic in conjuction with a Construction With
Internal Source.  The example files include several idfs using this system,
such as RadLoTempHydrCtrlOpt.idf.  For help with the input, refer to the
Input-Output reference.  The Engineering Reference includes an extensive
explanation of this model.

Erik Olsen
OWP/P Engineers
HVAC / Energy Consulting