[BLDG-SIM] Thermal mass walls

Rick Strand rkstrand at uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 25 08:53:46 PDT 2003

While this is a slight divergence from the original issue that Mark Case
brought up, I wanted to address one item in Christian Struck's
email.  Christian mentions a system of activating a thermal mass using a
passive nighttime conditioning scheme.  This could have wide applicability,
and it is partially the subject of a research paper on a "passive" radiant
ceiling slab system modeled in EnergyPlus that will be presented at the
upcoming ASHRAE meeting.  So, models for this idea already exist in
EnergyPlus and probably in other programs as well.  If you have an interest
in what EnergyPlus can do in this area, please let me know or come to the
presentation in Kansas City.

Rick Strand