[BLDG-SIM] Ground source water-to-water heat pumps

Simon J Rees sjrees at okstate.edu
Mon Mar 31 07:05:22 PST 2003

A considerable effort has been made at implementing ground source heat pump models in EnergyPlus. The models currently include a water-to-water heat pump and ground loop heat exchanger. Other models, such as a pond heat exchanger, pavement heat exchanger and cooling towers are available for the modeling of hybrid systems. You can find some details on the development and implementation of these models by looking at the MSc thesis of one of our recent graduates:

http://www.hvac.okstate.edu/pdfs/Arun%20Thesis%20Finale.pdf

Simon Rees
Oklahoma State University