[BLDG-SIM] Heating and Cooling ventilation system

Chris Jones cj at cr-jay.ca
Sun Nov 30 05:41:53 PST 2003

I am looking to simulate a four-pipe fan coil with economiser
control.  This is not possible with DOE2.1E and when I scan the DOE2.2
documentation it looks like it also lacks the capability to simulate a fan
coil system with economiser control.  The system I want to simulate is a
unit-ventilator with heating and cooling coils, an outdoor air damper with
economiser control.  This type of system is being used in schools - new and
retrofit.  An example of a configuration is discussed in "TPFC for Schools
(Esource).pdf" an Esource article.  My client is interested in converting
from hot water convectors to a two or four pipe unit ventilator.

Thanks for any insight into simulating this configuration.

Chris Jones, P. Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, ON M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465