[bldg-sim] Energy-10: Material reflectance

Rob Hitchcock RJHitchcock at lbl.gov
Mon Apr 12 15:11:27 PDT 2004

Caroline,

The algorithms used in the Energy-10 daylighting calculations are based
on those used in DOE2.1.  These algorithms account for interior surface
reflectance by using the so-called "split-flux" method of calculating
the effects of interreflection.  The surface reflectance is user
modifiable within the daylighting zone dialog boxes.  Under the
"Buildings" menu select "Bldg2" and then click the "Lighting Zones"
button.  On the "Lighting Zones" dialog select a lighting zone from the
list, and click the "Modify" button.  On the "Lighting Zone Details"
dialog click the "Surfaces" button.  On the "Daylighting Surfaces"
dialog select a Daylighting Surface from the list on the lower right and
you can edit the Interior, Exterior, and Ground reflectance values for
that surface.  Yes, I know this is painful.

Rob Hitchcock