[bldg-sim] Double Skin Buildings

Samuel Hassid cvrhasd at techunix.technion.ac.il
Mon Aug 16 09:18:22 PDT 2004

   I have simulated a double skin building using DOE2.1.E.
   My conclusion for the climate of Israel - in which the summer problems are far more important than the winter ones - was that
whatever advanrage one has during the winter is balanced by higher energy consumption during the summer period.
   The results of my simulation are very much resented by the architect who asked for it. In particular, he points out to something that cannot be put into simulation codes - that many people in air-conditioned buildings in mediterranean countries resent very much having to stay with closed windows.
   I was wondering if someone has any comments on what i wrinting.    Thanks    S.  Hassid