[BLDG-SIM] eQuest Question

Aulbach, John JAulbach at semprasolutions.com
Mon Feb 9 10:01:21 PST 2004

A vane axial fan curve is now part of the DOE-2 cadre in eQuest/DOE-2.2.
Nifty.

Now what if I want to do a crazy thing like freeze the pitch of the vane
axial fan and put a VFD on it. Would the VFD recognize the frozen vane axial
curve, or would it become a VFD on a centrifugal fan (an incorrect
simulation of what I would want to see)?

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Project Engineer
Sempra Energy Solutions
555 West Fifth Street
Mail Location 27F3
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Tel: (213) 244-8551 Cell (213) 219-4875

"Sempra Energy Solutions is not the same company as SDG&E/ SoCalGas, the
Utilities.  Sempra Energy Solutions is not regulated by the California
Public Utilities Commission, and you do not have to buy Sempra Energy
Solutions products or services to continue to receive quality regulated
service from the Utilities."