[BLDG-SIM] Trombe wall in DOE2.1E

Jiten A. P jitenap at me.iitb.ac.in
Thu Jul 22 05:37:36 PDT 2004

Hi everybody,

I am trying to model a Vented Trombe Wall in DOE2.1E for a single zone
structure in a cold and dry climate. However, I am not getting
satisfactory results because the Trombe wall seems to be only marginally
better than a Double Glazed or Single glazed window (size of about 25% of
the floor area). There is very little reference material in the manuals
and supplement of DOE regarding same. Hence I request your help.

Thanking you,
Sincerely,

Jiten Prajapati
(Project Architect - P03163)