[BLDG-SIM] DOE2.1E Zone Humidity Calcs

Varkie Thomas Varkie.Thomas at som.com
Tue Jul 20 13:09:09 PDT 2004

I am trying to evaluate indoor zone humidity conditions for a building
located in a hot and humid climate (Summer DB >= 115F, WB = 87F) with
cool winters (Winter DB = 50F, WB = 45F). Does the DOE2.1E program
Report SS-N (Relative Humidity Scatter Plot) work?  Report SS-O
(Temperature Scatter Plot) produces results for zones.  Is it possible
to obtain hourly zone humidity conditions from a REPORT-BLOCK variable?
I understand that the use of the MAX-HUMIDITY keyword sometimes results
in an error that is not reported in the BDL output.  Does the
MIN-HUMIDITY keyword produce reliable winter humidification loads?
Which output report or REPORT-BLOCK variable shows steam humidification
loads?

Varkie Thomas

Skidmore, Owings & Merrill