[BLDG-SIM] e-quest

Scott Criswell Scott.Criswell at doe2.com
Tue Jul 20 10:13:46 PDT 2004

Clarification and a little background regarding libraries of building
components in eQUEST:

I wanted to emphasize a point that Mike made about editing the
eQ_Lib.dat file - and that is to make sure to create a copy of that
library with a different filename before editing the file.  If you edit
eQ_Lib.dat directly, then your changes will get lost if/when you later
install an eQUEST update or new version which often include updated
versions of the eQ_Lib.dat library.
Also worth noting - changes made in updated versions of eQ_Lib.dat
distributed with eQUEST updates and new releases should get made to any
custom versions you create in order to ensure that errors are not
introduced when substituting your custom library in place of the default
eQ_Lib.dat in projects created from the wizard in the updated program
version(s).

Background information -
The reason that "Save to Library.." is included in the eQUEST project
tree right mouse menus is because this feature is implemented for a
Spanish derivative of eQUEST, called Calener.  The reason this feature
is available in Calener and not in eQUEST is because there is currently
a limit of 2 active component libraries for DOE-2.2, one of which is
reserved for the default DOE-2 library (for all products) and the other
(for eQUEST and derivatives other than Calener) is eQ_Lib.dat.  There is
no eQ_Lib.dat for Calener because Calener does not provide access to the
wizards.
Another limitation worth noting is that no single library can contain
more than 3,000 individual components.
In the future, DOE-2.2 (and eQUEST) will be enhanced to handle a larger
number of libraries and the limit of components per library may also be
increased.

I hope this helps to clarify things.

- Scott