[BLDG-SIM] Energy Modeling Books

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Wed Mar 24 06:21:26 PST 2004

Paulo

Here are the books on my shelf concerning building energy
simulation.  None of them address EnergyPlus directly but
are more general.

Energy Simulation in Building Design, 2nd Edition
J. A. Clark, 2001
Published by Butterworth Heinemann

Computerized Building Energy Simulation Handbook
James P. Waltz, 2000
Published by Fairmont Press

Building Energy and Environmental Modelling
Applications Manual AM11:1998
CIBSE (Charted Institute of Building Services Engineers)

HVAC2 Toolkit
Algorithms and Subroutines for Secondard HVAC System
Calculations
Michael J. Brandemuehl, 1993
ASHRAE

The first two were purchased from Amazon if I remember
correctly.

This doesn't include many papers and manuals for specific
simulation programs (DOE-2, Trace, etc...)

Jason

On 24 Mar 2004 at 0:49, Paulo Roberto wrote:

> Hello, everybody!
>
> My name is Paulo and I'm studying Energy Efficiency in
> Buildings. The modeling tool I'm trying to use is
> EnergyPlus. Could anyone indicate to me a book about how I
> can perform energy building simulation and HVAC systems
> simulation, fitted for beginners (intermediate levels can be
> acceptable)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paulo
> prln at bol.com.br

Jason Glazer, P.E.  jglazer AT gard DOT com  847 698 5686
GARD Analytics - http://www.gard.com/
1028 Busse Highway, Park Ridge, IL 60068
Building Energy Simulation and Analysis
Admin of BLDG-SIM list for building simulation users