[BLDG-SIM] Previous message with subject of "Failed"

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Mon Aug 22 12:44:58 PDT 2005

The recent messages with subject "failed" or "report" sent
to the BLDG-SIM mailing list were spoofed (faked) to look
like it came from the postmaster here at GARD. The messages
did not come from us and no ones account has been
suspended.

Also, no one needs to worry about those messages since the
mailing list software removed the attachment before it was
distributed.

In the past, attachments were removed before messages were
sent to the list but now I will block messages with
attachments and notify the sender.  I have also added
another filter to try to prevent this type spoofing in the
future.

Thanks for your patience.

Jason

On 19 Aug 2005 at 16:16, Michael J. Witte wrote:

> The previous message appears to be either spam or generated
> by a virus or worm.
>  Everyone's subscription to bldg-sim should still be OK.
>  The message appears
> to have originated on a system outside of gard.com using a
> fake from address.  I am no expert on the subject (the
> expert is on vacation today), but it appears that the gard
> firewall stripped the attachment.  To be safe, do not open
> any suspicious mail from bldg-sim.
>
> Mike Witte

Jason Glazer, P.E.  jglazer AT gard DOT com  847 698 5686
GARD Analytics - http://www.gard.com/
1028 Busse Highway, Park Ridge, IL 60068
Building Energy Simulation and Analysis
Admin of BLDG-SIM list for building simulation users