[bldg-sim] Help with .SIM file

Pasha Korber Pasha.Korber at keen.ca
Thu Dec 1 08:09:35 PST 2005

Hi Mike,

thanks for your input.  My initial reasoning for the individual parametric runs was to us the baseline building as the reference so that I could measure the magnitude of the impact of the individual ECMs so that I could demonstrate to the client that improving the glass performance made a larger impact than just increasing the roof insulation.

I see how you are saying that if I built the parametrics to add on to one another the cumulative effect automatically happens.  Thanks.

Pasha Korber
Associate
LEED Accredited Professional

Stantec Consulting
2742 17th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Phone: 415-626-6864
Direct:  415-706-9518
Fax:      415-626-1268
pkorber at stantec.com

stantec.com

>>> "Mike Tillou" <miket at etcgrp.com> 12/01/05 6:45 AM >>>
Why would using parametric runs result in an overlap of savings?  If you
set the baseline of each parametric run to the previous parametric run
rather than the project baseline you won't have that problem.  I think
this is going to be the easiest way to get exactly what you want.

Another idea is to try and use unique sub-meters but the problem with
that is you cannot capture central plant energy(boilers, chillers,
etc...) by HVAC System.  However unlike the parametric runs you can set
this up in the .inp file so you could write code to automate the
process.