[bldg-sim] Stupid question or eQUEST bug

Mike Tillou miket at etcgrp.com
Wed Feb 2 06:32:21 PST 2005

Samuel,

I am guessing you are trying to create a utility rate in the detailed mode.  To start I suggest that within the wizard you select one of the California TOU utility rates.  When you get to the detailed mode you will have a good example of all the components you need to create for your own utility rate.  Even better you can just change the rate that is created.  You pick the utility rate on the first wizard screen, I suggest SDG&E AL - TOUa1.

As far as access to the water side systems in the wizard,  you need to first select an air-side system that has water coils.  The default system is a furnace system with DX cooling.

There is also an eQuest tutorial on the DOE2.com website which addresses how to go through and create a project using the wizard.  If you haven't looked at that I recommend it as a good place to start.

Mike

Mike Tillou, PE
etc Group, Inc
Williamstown, MA 01267