[BLDG-SIM] ICE STORAGE in DOE2.1.E

Samuel Hassid cvrhasd at techunix.technion.ac.il
Fri Jul 29 03:15:59 PDT 2005

    I have a question on ice storage in DOE2.1.E
    I am using TES-TYPE Brine and I defined in the begining a CTANK-BASE-T
parameter of 46 oF - below which the energy stored cannot be retrieved.
    Not liking what I was seing - ie that a large part of the energy stored
could not be retrieved the next day - I defined a higher value of the
CTANK-BASE-T parameter. However, I was shocked to see that even if I
define 55 oF as tank base- in the end I get the same behaviour, with the
temperature of the storage being higher.
     Is there any way around this problem one could suggest ?