[BLDG-SIM] Questions about EnergyPlus

Bing Dong allen_dongenergy at yahoo.com.sg
Wed May 18 23:23:27 PDT 2005

Dear All,

I am a beginner in EnergyPlus. I have several questions below. I hope some helps from you experts. Thank you.

Can EnergyPlus set up the building model directly or a thirty party support tool has to be used? I know that now there is a converter called IFCtoIDF, which is a utility for importing building geometry from commercial CAD tools into EnergyPlus. However, it is easier to setup the model in EnergyPlus directly.

Another question is that can EnergyPlus do naturally ventilated building without HVAC system?

Thank you very much

Best Regards,

Allen

 Yahoo! Mobile
- Download the latest ringtones, games, and more!