[BLDG-SIM] help for simulation of strawbale house

Mike Tillou miket at etcgrp.com
Thu May 26 08:43:28 PDT 2005

Nesen,

The only data on strawbale homes I know of is the work done by Oak Ridge
National Lab.  Their most recent hotbox test of a 19" strawbale wall
found it to have an R-value of 27.5.  You can find the test results in
the Advanced Wall Systems database at :
http://www.ornl.gov/sci/roofs+walls/AWT/Ref/TechHome.htm

Good luck,

Mike