[BLDG-SIM] typical house heating and cooling loads

Joe Huang yjhuang at lbl.gov
Tue Nov 29 19:37:18 PST 2005

typical house heating and cooling loadsIan,

You can also use the RESFEN program that is meant to analyze residential window performance, but has embedded in it prototypical building conditions for old and new vintage houses.  You can input the floor area, type of house (1-story or 2-story), and the window size and properties by orientation, and RESFEN will spit out the simulated annual and peak heating and cooling energy consumptions of the house.  Everything else (equipment specs, internal gains, etc.) are defaulted.

You can download a copy of RESFEN from the LBNL Windows Group web site, but I don't have that handy. Just do a search either with your search engine, or with LBNL's internal search engine after going to www.lbl.gov.

Joe