[BLDG-SIM] typical house heating and cooling loads

Drury.Crawley at EE.DOE.GOV Drury.Crawley at EE.DOE.GOV
Tue Nov 29 18:03:23 PST 2005

2005 Building Energy Databook:

http://buildingsdatabook.eere.energy.gov/

Contains statistics from RECS (and CBECS for
Commercial) and many other sources, including
typical profiles.

Also check out the Building America Benchmark:

http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy05osti/36429.pdf

                      "Ian Doebber"
                      <Ian.Doebber at arup.c      To: BLDG-SIM at GARD.COM
                      om>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [BLDG-SIM] typical house heating and cooling loads
                      BLDG-SIM at GARD.COM

                      11/29/2005 08:19 PM
                      Please respond to
                      Ian.Doebber

I'm interested in comparing my heating and cooling loads for a typical
~2000 ft2 home in the following cities:

                             Jacksonville, FL
                              Charleston, SC
                                Memphis, TN
                                Astoria, OR
                              Pittsburgh, PA
                              Minneapolis, MN

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to some good published data on
loads for these areas.  I have already looked at the RECS data. I was
hoping to compare to something else.

Thanks in Advance

Ian Doebber

Graduate Mechanical Engineer