[bldg-sim] eQUEST infiltration defaults

James Campbell jcampbell at geo-marine.com
Thu Oct 27 08:36:14 PDT 2005

Does anyone know the basis for the CFM/ft2 infiltration defaults in the
eQUEST wizard? The wind dependent infiltration default in eQUEST is 0.5 ACH
(based on my experience this is a very good default). However, the wizard's
CFM/ft2 (wind independent) infiltration default is 0.026 (Note: 0.026
CFM/ft2 is 0.156 ACH with a 10 ft ceiling). In my opinion, using 0.026
CFM/ft2 instead of 0.5 ACH will significantly under estimate the
infiltration load in most cases.

Opinions and comments are welcome,

James Campbell