[bldg-sim] eQUEST infiltration defaults

Renee J. Azerbegi renee at ambient-e.com
Thu Oct 27 09:51:18 PDT 2005

I do not know the source of the infiltration defaults in eQuest but am very
curious as well. The infiltration rates change the heating load
significantly so it is something to examine closely for each building and
zone.

Also, does anyone have any guidance for commercial building infiltration (or
exfiltration) rates by building type, core, perimeter, entrances, etc.? I
realize that commercial buildings are pressurized and exfiltrating much of
the time, but we can model that as infiltration instead and results will
likely be similar.

I think this discussion has come up before, but maybe there is new news. I
just met with an architect in Boston, Wagdy Anis, who says his firm designs
to 0.02 ACH. It seems like typical ACH values should be re-examined.

Renee Azerbegi