[bldg-sim] Utility Rates and eQUEST

Vikram Sami VSami at lasarchitect.com
Fri Sep 30 16:03:57 PDT 2005

Scott,
For the LEED ECB, you have 2 options for energy rates:
1. Use the kWh rate for the state your building is in on pg 144 of the
reference guide (v2.1).
2. If you want to, you can use a specific energy rate for the building,
provided you can show that this is what will be provided for your
building by the local utility company.

So for LEED purposes, you could use the flat rate from the reference
guide. Although, if you have a demand rate structure and you are shaving
your peaks in your designed building, the flat rate structure might end
up hurting you.

Vikram Sami,  LEED AP
Direct Phone 404-253-1466 | Direct Fax  404-253-1366

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE
Responsive Design * Technological Expertise * Exceptional Service
www.lordaecksargent.com