[BLDG-SIM] IES Virtual Environment

CK Tang ckmail at pd.jaring.my
Mon Apr 24 02:34:42 PDT 2006

Bob,

As far as I know, IES can export in 3D DXF (or 2D DXF slices) but only
import in 2D DXF. 2D DXF can then be extruded into 3D model provided
that the DXF meets the basic requirement, i.e. room name exist, every
room is a enclosed loop. I find it easier to retrace architectural
drawing in the CAD software first and export only this layer out as DXF
and use IES to extrude it into 3D.

I suggest the use of gbXML format to import 3D models into IES which
works quite well.

Kind regards,

CK