[BLDG-SIM] Using -999 in Min OA Schedule in eQuest

Tupper, Kendra Kendra.Tupper at sf.fk.com
Thu Aug 17 16:24:08 PDT 2006

I am trying to simulate the following system:

A DX cooler with VAV (HW reheat) that uses 100% outside air and an
indirect/direct evap cooler in the cooling months (the climate is Las
Vegas - very hot and dry).  In the winter, the outside air should be at
a minimum as determine by the OA/person specified at the zonal level.

I created a Minimum OA Schedule and set the fraction to 1.0 for the
cooling months.  In the help menu, and in the DOE2.2 documentation, it
says to set the schedule value to -999 when you want the fraction to
revert to the minimum calculated OA.  When I tried to enter -999, I get
an error saying that negative values are not accepted.  I tried changing
this in the input file, but when I open the file in eQuest, I receive
errors as well.

Does anyone know how to get eQuest to accept the -999 value in the
minimum OA schedule?

Thank you!

Kendra

Kendra Tupper
LEED(r) AP
 FLACK + KURTZ
405 Howard Street		415.398.3833 Main
Suite 500			415.402.5840 Direct
San Francisco, CA 94105		415.433.5311 Fax
http://www.flackandkurtz.com	kendra.tupper at sf.fk.com

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.