[BLDG-SIM] Rephrased: making DOE-2.1E read an external file using Functions

Ramana Koti ramana.koti at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 12:43:03 PDT 2006

Excuse me for the second posting but I just want to make sure I communicate
my query correctly.

I am using functions (READ and WRITE) in a DOE-2.1E model to make it read an
external text file that is in a format recognizable by FORTRAN. I have
successfully done it using READ function for one external file for a single
zone building but when I try to do it with two zones and make the model read
two external files, I get an error message reading:

*ERR* IO-09 system file error - Too many open files

Hence I need to know if making the functions read a second external file is
possible at all in DOE-2.1E and if yes, how it can be done.

Thanks,

Ramana Koti, Sustainable Building Analyst
LEED AP

ELEMENTS | a division of berkebile nelson immenschuh mcdowell architects
106 W. 14th Street Suite 200
Kansas City, Missouri 64105

p 816.783.1635 f 816.783.1501
www.bnim.com| elements.bnim.com