[BLDG-SIM] eQUEST ground source heat pump

Mike Tillou miket at etcgrp.com
Thu Aug 17 08:05:42 PDT 2006

Kathryn,

One other thing you need to be sure to do if you're trying to model
ground source heat pumps is to download the GSHP performance curves from
the DOE22.com website.  The default curves in eQuest are not suitable
for the low water temperatures typically associated with ground source
systems.

The curves need to be copied into the .inp file which you can do with a
text editor.  The inp file is located in the project folder that equest
creates for your model.  The zip file with the curves includes
directions on where in the inp file they need to be copied.

Mike

Michael Tillou, PE
etc Group, Inc.
PO Box 7, Williamstown, MA 01267