[BLDG-SIM] Getting Started with Ecotect/Radiance/Daysim

Reinhart, Christoph Christoph.Reinhart at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Dec 21 06:37:04 PST 2006

Dear colleagues:

Why not spend an hour or two over the holidays to brush up your daylight
simulation skills? We have prepared a little Getting Started Document
that shows you how to install Radiance, Daysim, and a free trial version
of Ecotect on your PC and to carry out an advanced daylighting analysis
of a space with a clear and a translucent glazing. You can download the
document from
http://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/ie/lighting/daylight/daysim/GettingStarted.pdf
. If you want to get inspired, have a look at the projects that our 3rd
year students at McGill did this semester using the tools
http://www.arch.mcgill.ca/prof/reinhart/arch447/fall2006/.

Happy Holidays,

Christoph
Christoph Reinhart, Ph.D.
Associate Research Officer                      National Research
Council Canada          Institute for Research in Construction
Adjunct Professor                                    McGill University
School of Architecture
1200 Montreal Road M-24, Ottawa         Ontario K1A 0R6, Canada
tel: (613) 993-9703                                  fax: (613) 954 3733
christoph.reinhart at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
<blocked::mailto:christoph.reinhart at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>