[bldg-sim] Modeling Packaged VAV system with PFP Boxes

Jaya Mukhopadhyay jaya_mukho at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 07:49:55 PST 2006

I was comparing a proposed design system to a base-case system specified in ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G using EQUEST. This base case system is a Packaged VAV system with Parallel Fan Powered Boxes. On examining the DX options given in the EQUEST system menu, the closest I could get is 'Packaged VAV with Reheat'. On switching to detailed mode the option for zone fans is deactivated.
  Could anybody give any suggestions as to how I can model this Packaged VAV with PFP boxes?
  Any help is greatly appreciated.
  Thanks
  Jaya Mukhopadhyay