[bldg-sim] eQUEST-cooling coil leaving temp troubles

Mike Roberts Mike at roberts-engineering.com
Mon Feb 6 22:17:25 PST 2006

This is telling you that your entering chilled water temperature must be at
least 6 degrees below your coil leaving temperature.  Since your cooling
supply temp is 52 degrees, your chilled water temperature would have to be
46 degrees or less.  If it is less than that, check for CHW temperature
reset.  You could also have some heat gain in the SA duct, requiring an even
lower coil leaving temperature and CHW temperature.

Incidentally, I believe this was added with DOE-2.2.  Prior to that DOE-2.1E
and most other simulation programs didn't care if your coil expectations
were possible or not.  They just did a BTU transfer, so you could have a
supply air temperature lower than your entering CHW temperature.

Mike